Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Monday 17 November 2008

Photography with the Canon 20D and Canon 10-22mm lens

By Darren Stones

I’ve been asked a few times lately what lens I’m using on some of my latest photographs. So I thought I’d take this opportunity to share some information.


IMG_2013_Port_Campbell_National_Park
Port Campbell National Park
Focal length 10mm


My camera of choice for these photographs is the Canon 20D and it’s coupled with the Canon EF-S 10-22mm lens. The Canon 20D has a 1.6 crop factor which effectively means the 10-22mm lens becomes a 16-35mm lens.

IMG_1909_Twelve_Apostles
Twelve Apostles
Focal length 22mm


The 10-22mm lens allows the photographer to go in close to subject matter and fill the frame, which is great for tight situations and to create a more dynamic composition. It does take a little getting used to and one must be careful to avoid having tripod legs and even the photographer’s feet included in the frame.

IMG_1837_Gordon_Stones
Gordon Stones
Focal length 10mm


Hope that helps a little folks. You’re most welcome to ask questions and I’ll endeavour to do my best to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones