beyondblue have recently approved my application to become a member of blueVoices - the consumer and carer reference group for beyondblue. They have included me in the following e-Group based on personal experience: Depression.
I have also expressed interest in their Ambassador Program which they are currently piloting and evaluating for blueVoices members. The program encompasses future training opportunities which will take place as opportunities arise.
blueVoices opportunities include:
- providing input into the development of beyondblue resources and community awareness campaigns
- representing consumer/carer perspectives on committees and advisory groups
- assisting to distribute resources at events and forums
- participating in research studies
- speaking at public events or to the media about your experience
I'm looking forward to being an active participant with blueVoices as it will be a privilege to assist beyondblue in continuing their great work in the community.