On Saturday 3 September 2011 at 9.00am, Let's Walk Australia will hold its first walk along the 4-kilometre Maribyrnong River Loop Walk commencing from the Riverside Park car park, Essendon, Victoria. The entrance to the car park is via the roundabout at the intersection of The Boulevard and Fawkner Street, Essendon. Melway Map 28 B6.
Download the Let's Walk Australia flyer
The aim of Let's Walk Australia is to help and support those suffering a mental illness and to raise awareness in the community.
You are welcome to walk with us if you fit into any of the following categories:
- Personal experience of a mental illness
- Relative of someone with experience of a mental illness
- Friend of someone with experience of a mental illness
- Carer of someone with experience of a mental illness
- A person who wants to raise awareness of mental illness in the community
- Health professional
Come along for some exercise and a chat in a scenic location where people participate in a variety of recreational activities. You will meet new friends and enjoy morning tea.
You are encouraged to bring a friend and your camera. BYO morning tea.
Further information about the venue and walk is located on the Let's Walk Australia website's Venue page.
Let's Walk Australia Coordinator
Walkers on the Maribyrnong River Loop Walk in Essendon
Photo: Darren Stones