Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Monday 8 December 2014

Early Offer to study the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at RMIT University

By Darren Stones

On Friday 21st of November 2014, I was privileged and excited to receive an Early Offer from RMIT University to study the undergraduate degree of the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours). I have accepted the offer and enrolled in the program.

Commencing in 2015, the program is four years duration on a full-time basis and will see me working towards becoming a fully qualified social worker in accordance with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).

I will be studying the degree program at RMIT's City Campus in Swanston Street, Melbourne at the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies.

"The School of Global, Urban and Social Studies is a multidisciplinary leader in delivering education, training and research that contribute to a just and sustainable world."

Having successfully completed the Diploma of Community Services Work and Diploma of Community Development with the Kangan Institute, the social work program with RMIT is a progressive step for me towards experiencing higher learning and gaining further qualifications at the tertiary level.

I do envisage that my studies with RMIT will be a valuable learning experience, and I'm most grateful to those people who continue to encourage and support me in my education goals. It is an honour to receive an Early Offer, and I'm most grateful to RMIT for offering me the opportunity to study and achieve the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours).

In applying to study with RMIT University, my first preference for 2015 is to study the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)/Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) and I remain hopeful of being offered to study this program in Round 1 on 19 January, 2015.

Darren Stones at RMIT University Open Day City Campus 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones