Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Australian landscape photographer Ken Duncan says hello to a wild stallion

By Darren Stones

Recently I had the opportunity to ask Australian landscape photographer Ken Duncan a question on his Facebook fan page. Not wanting to get bogged down in technical talk, I asked Ken to share a story about an experience whilst out in the field.

Darren 'Daz' Stones - "Hi Ken,
Trust you're well, and thanks very much for this opportunity. Could you share one of your funniest moments while undertaking photography in the field?
Cheers, Darren."

Ken Duncan - "Hi Daz,
One of the funniest things that happened to me was while I was in Vermont, USA. I was waiting to take a shot called New England Reflections - you can check it out on the website - which as the title suggests, needed reflections.

There was a wild stallion in the field we were in and my assistant at the time started trying to be friendly to the horse. The next minute, this wild stallion was trying to push me and my camera into the pond. The only way to settle the horse down was to punch him in the mouth.

The horse took off and just at that time, the farmer came along, saw me on his property and stopped to warn me that there was a wild stallion in the paddock. I told the farmer, 'Don't worry, I'm Australian - we're all born in the saddle. I've already said hello to your stallion!' It must be noted that no animals were permanently injured during the capture of that photo!"

 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ken-Duncan/40435036432

Darren Stones Visual Communications at Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darren-Stones-Visual-Communications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones