Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Pelicans that can't fly and poop

By Darren Stones

Merimbula Lake, Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia IMG_7850_Merimbula

Title: Merimbula Lake
Photographer: Darren Stones
Location: Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia
Date and time: Wednesday 28 April, 2010. 7:49am.

“I’ve had a love-hate relationship with pelicans since one stole my freshly-caught trevally during low tide at Merimbula about 10 years ago. So what if I was silly enough to leave it 100 metres away on a sand bank? The pelican that cleverly manoeuvred my trevally down its neck will be indelibly etched in my memory. And they poop everywhere. One of them has even had the arrogance to display bad toilet manners whilst flying above me. Bombs away! These days it’s different. There’s a new breed of pelican that can’t fly and poop, and they’re quite photogenic, too.” – Darren Stones

Series: In The Field

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones