Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Friday 4 May 2012

Actively seeking to mentor a mental health client for a community health organisation

By Darren Stones

Hi folks, I am currently looking into well-established community health organisations that specifically assist their clients in regard to social inclusion. My aim is to mentor a client in Melbourne's north-west whereby the person gains in confidence and begins to actively participate in activities for the betterment of their health.

What this would entail is myself offering 1-2 hours per week on a voluntary basis. My particular emphasis will be in the area of mental health, coupled with utilising my photography and communications skills, various other interests I have, and the connections I have in the community.

I will let you know in due course how this pans out. I believe there are people hidden away in our communities who would benefit from this proactive approach. Social inclusion is of particular interest to me, so we'll see how this goes.

Bright, Victoria, Australia, Ovens River IMG_4606_Bright
Ovens River, Bright, Victoria
Photo: Darren Stones


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones