Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Sunday 13 May 2012

Essendon Camera Club inspires photographers of all levels

By Darren Stones

One of the great things about photography is the opportunity to be a member of a camera club. Like-minded people come together to share their photographs, photography experiences, and make new friends.

As a member of the Essendon Camera Club, I always learn by attending club meets and listening to guest presenters and judges. One can never know everything about photography, and I enjoy writing notes at meets as it helps me to better absorb the information and reflect on what was said.

Club membership has many benefits, and one of those is networking with photographers of various skill levels. I enjoy judging nights where guest judges kindly volunteer their time to offer their opinion about images and advise image makers on how to improve their images. It's fascinating stuff, and I always learn by the commentary and by viewing the images.

As a professional photographer, I enjoy listening to guest presenters because it does inspire me to better myself with the view of passing on my knowledge to photography enthusiasts.

If you live in Melbourne, and you are looking for a club to join, I encourage you to visit the Essendon Camera Club and enjoy what the club has to offer. I would be happy to meet you and introduce you to some club members.

Further information:

The Essendon Camera Club is located at Aberfeldie Baptist Church, 3-5 Price Street, Essendon. (Melway Pap 28 B4)

The club meets every second and fourth Monday of month, commencing at 8pm and concluding about 10pm.

Visitors are most welcome.

http://essendoncameraclub.org.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones