Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Sunday 8 July 2012

Life Through The Lens - Featuring The Work Of The Essendon Camera Club

Life Through The Lens is an inspiring collection of photos from passionate local photographers featuring thirty different artists.

Each artist captures the moment of Life Through The Lens, seeing a different world around them.

Look around and share these moments with the members of the Essendon Camera Club.
www.essendoncameraclub.org.au

Further information

Venue
Incinerator Gallery
180 Holmes Road
Moonee Ponds
03 8325 1750

Date
Friday 13 July- Sunday 26 August, 2012

It's a pleasure to be one of the Essendon Camera Club members exhibiting as part of this exhibition. My photographic contribution at the Incinerator Gallery is my image featuring the coastline at Point Lonsdale on the Bellarine Peninsula,Victoria, Australia.

Point Lonsdale, Victoria, Australia IMG_5230_Point_Lonsdale
Point Lonsdale
By Darren Stones
Essendon Camera Club

Fascinated by the Australian coastline and looking out to sea, I find myself gripped by the colours and textures of nature. Travelling to Point Lonsdale in Victoria simply inspires my creativity. In recording this scene, I feel like a blessed creator who was there to record a memorable moment in time. The sense of warmth, on what was a winter's day, tends to take hold and draw one into this landscape.

Let your eyes be drawn to those rocks because they are a symbol of our planet's evolution. I want you to see how the sky illuminated this magnificent landscape and accentuated the shapes and lines.

The power of light is an amazing tool in which the photographer has at their disposal. With decades of photographic experience and knowledge gained, one can utilise such skills to produce a scene that is timeless. In making this image, I find myself privileged to share it with you. I trust it inspires you in some way and causes you to reflect on good times.

I invite you to look into the photograph and see each of the elements. What do you see? Is it the clouds, colours, shapes, horizon, wave action? Reflect upon your memories of times you've spent with a friend along the coast. I would like my image to inspire your imagination and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones