Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Romancing the bovines

By Darren Stones

Kiama, New South Wales, Australia, dairy farm IMG_4383_Kiama



Title: Kiama Hinterland
Photographer: Darren Stones
Location: Saddleback Mountain Road, Kiama, NSW, Australia
Date and time: Saturday 25 April, 2009. 3:23pm.

“Inquisitive, enjoying the view, and happy to meet and greet. That was something the frisky Kiama bovines and I had in common this day. Whilst driving towards the summit of Saddleback Mountain, I spotted these beauties with their lovely ear tags. Suppose they’re an adornment for a cow that’s hoping to attract a bull, and given this spot was devoid of another bull with a camera, I had first dibs at luring the darlings closer to my wide angle zoom. On my side of the fence the pasture was waist high. So, I grabbed a large handful of grass and offered it as if it was an expensive box of milk chocolates.”
– Darren Stones

Series: In The Field

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones