Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Monday 12 January 2009

National Library Of Australia Picture Australia ‘Outstanding Contributor’ award winner for December 2008

By Darren Stones

What a thrill to be chosen by Ian Smith, Picture Australia Administrator, National Library of Australia, as the Picture Australia ‘Outstanding Contributor’ award winner for December 2008.

Picture Australia – News

My association with Picture Australia is via my Flickr photographic submissions to the Picture Australia: Ourtown group, and the Picture Australia: People, places and events group.

Torquay, lifesavers IMG_0956_Torquay
Torquay lifesavers by Darren Stones


Ian phoned me to inform of my selection as the contributor for December 2008, for which I'm most appreciative. Ian chose to feature my Torquay lifesavers image alongside the announcement. Thank you, Ian.

The Picture Australia website contains pictures of Australia’s past and present including: photographs, objects, maps and works of art. Well worth a look and I recommend bookmarking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones