Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Thursday 24 February 2011

Depression - the lived experience has an upside

By Darren Stones

Hi folks, this message is directed towards people such as myself who have lived the experience of depression, are currently battling with the illness, and for those who are considering becoming involved with beyondblue’s blueVoices.

beyondblue, Australia’s national depression initiative, has just released a video that features the new beyondblue CEO Dawn O’Neil AM. Dawn outlines the vital work of blueVoices members and Ambassadors in assisting beyondblue to further develop its resources, programs, research and campaigns.


An update on myself and how I’m feeling
I’m happy to say that I’m no longer taking anti-depressant medication and have recently begun re-branding my business and developing a new range of products and services.

I’d like to thank all of you who have supported and encouraged me. It’s been a bumpy ride since I broke down in Centrelink in September 2009, but I’m now tackling my (new) life and my (new) business with a brand new enthusiasm. I dare say a new book is about to go on the drawing board – the working title is: Ticking boxes.

Regards,

Darren Stones
blueVoices Member

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones