Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Saturday 28 April 2012

Cancer Council's Relay For Life inspires Kylie Hungerford

By Darren Stones

As part of my business activities each year, I enjoy randomly selecting initiatives in which to get involved. It is a privilege to be able to connect with good-hearted people and various organisations for the purpose of donating, supporting, and assisting with their publicity.

The Cancer Council's Relay For Life has recently caught my attention. Kylie Hungerford from Sydney is currently battling the odds to get out on the track due to back pain, however she is determined to take part in this important charity event.

Kylie informs me that "other than some back pain I'm doing reasonably well. Trying to stay positive as much as I can."

Kylie recently posted on her fundraising page: "A big thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who have been sending me positive messages of suppport and to those who have been wonderful enough to sponsor me.

I thank you all very much and even though I currently have some back problems, I will be out there on the weekend of May 19th/20th to do the walk. I am being seen by a fantastic physiotherapist who is sure I'll be back on track very soon."


Kylie Hungerford

The Relay For Life is an inspiring community event that attracts teams of 10-15 to participate in a relay-style walk or run to raise funds for the Cancer Council. This popular event draws the community together for a night of fun, celebration, entertainment, and remembrance.

The health benefits of walking or running are also another positive spin-off for participants. Each Relay For Life event is organised by a local volunteer committee on behalf of the Cancer Council.

The Relay For Life provides opportunity for people in their community to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones, and fight back against cancer.

Kylie's goal this year is to raise $150.00 for her team - Excelsior Public School Emus - and the Cancer Council, so if you would like to help her reach her goal, please give generously to the cause. In doing so, you will help inspire Kylie and also help others. Donations are tax deductible.

Kylie Hungerford: Relay For Life: Cancer Council NSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones