Improving Your Image Through Visual Communications



Journalist - Photographer - Writer

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Creating new photographic art with textures

By Darren Stones

Every so often I get the urge to try something different regarding my photography, and my latest work is to add textures to some of my photographs. I like the look created by the addition of textures as it tends to have more of an appearance of photographic art. What do you think?

Canola at Grenfell, New South Wales, Australia IMG_4579_Grenfell_Texture
Canola at Grenfell

The Presbyterian Church at Junee, New South Wales, Australia IMG_4476_Junee_Texture
Presbyterian Church at Junee

Cosy Corner at Torquay, Victoria, Australia IMG_3250_Torquay_Texture
Cosy Corner at Torquay

Cunningham Pier at Geelong, Victoria, Australia IMG_2410_Geelong_Texture
Cunningham Pier at Geelong

These works are for sale via my Redbubble portfolio. Products include:
  • Postcards
  • Greeting cards
  • Photographic prints
  • Posters
  • Matted prints
  • Mounted prints
  • Canvas prints
  • Framed prints
Darren Stones Redbubble Portfolio http://www.redbubble.com/people/dgstones

1 comment:

  1. I also love the use of textures to provide another element to my images. I particularly like your Cunningham Pier. Having been past it many times it is lovely to see this alternative approach.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting.

Please post your comment or ask a question in relation to this article.

Darren Stones